MHFA (Mental Health First Aid) Half Day
At a glance
Role: Support provider
Course length: 4 hours
- Meanings and issues around mental health (MH)
- How to challenge stigma
- Looking after your own MH & wellbeing
- Support someone experiencing distress or MH issues.
- Internationally recognised
Number of trainees: Up to 25
This is an introductory four hour session to raise awareness of mental health.
It is designed to give you:
- An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
What to expect
Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities. We limit numbers to 25 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- An MHFA manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
- A certificate of attendance to say you are Mental Health First Aid Aware
Who is it for?
Participants on MHFA courses come from a wide range of backgrounds. It is suitable for people with lived experience of mental health issues or illness, family members wanting to gain more understanding of what a relative is going through, employers, and people who are likely to come into contact with those at risk of mental health problems, such as police, ambulance staff or community workers.
Upcoming MHFA Courses
No courses found