Held at The Latest Music Bar in Brighton, 125 people gathered on 10 September 2012 to mark this day. The event included:
- A live skype interview with activist and performance artist Kate Bornstein about mental health and suicide prevention.
- Sinead O’Connor
- A live skype interview with singer/songwriter Sinead O’Connor about mental health and suicide prevention.
- A live skype interview with Roy Henry Vickers, a First Nations artist and spiritual leader.
- A speech by Kevin Betts about his personal experience of his father’s suicide.
- A message from the President of the International Association of Suicide Prevention (IASP).
- The launch of our Suicide Safer Brighton & Hove project.
- A minute’s silence to remember those we have loved and lost to suicide.