This event took place at BHASVIC Sixth Form College, Hove and was attended by 140 people. Highlights included:
- Skype presentation of an international Award of Excellence to Grassroots made by Kathryn Von Boskirk, Vice President of LivingWorks Education.
- Right Here project
- A performance from Right Here, a local project led by young people.
- A personal story from local artist Yvonne J Foster of how a suicide prevention intervention touched her life.
- A screening of Grassroots’ new film “Something in the Silence“.
- A speech from James Moncrieff, Deputy Principle of BHASVIC Sixth Form College.
- A speech by Cllr Anne Meadows, Brighton & Hove’s Deputy Mayor.
- A speech from Tom Scanlon, Director of Public Health Brighton & Hove.
- An update from Grassroots on the first year of our Suicide Safer Brighton & Hove project
- A spoken word piece from Erica
- A minute’s silence to remember those we have loved and lost to suicide
We also hosted a stall at the Kissing Statue plus a free, outdoor photographic exhibition featuring beautiful portraits with a clear stigma reduction message in Jubilee Square, outside Brighton Library.